Saturday, November 20, 2010

I prayed to God today. I asked Him to give me guidance and strength and lead me through this hardship. I asked for love and light, hope and courage. It was while I was looking out over the horizon this morning, preparing to head out again for the day. I'm only posting this because i thought it was inspiring and needed to be put down.

I felt so full of hope this morning...a calming peace. Even as I looked outat only sky in the horizon, clouds and earth meeting as one. Even as I looked at the long, hard journey before me, I saw my end. I saw what would be and where I would go, and i felt completely at peace with it. I don't know if I will make it out of this alive, or sane. I don't know if I'll ever see my loved ones again. But come what may, let it be. I am ready for the future, and I am not afraid.

I don't exactly know why I'm posting this. I just felt I had to...I'm praying for all the Runners out there who are scared...lonely...cold...and afraid. I pray for those less fortunate than me. This is not the worst life has to offer, surprising as it may seem. And life still has so much to give.

So do we.

I've got someone willing to put me up for a few nights. Hopefully, all will go well while I'm there. But whatever happens, remember that we are stronger than we seem, that we don't know our own power, and what we're worth. And that love will see us through all hardship.

Peace,
Shaun.

1 comment:

  1. MAZE had a name a life and a family. She read this to me and it filled her with hope. She is gone but I will avenge her. - Mell

    ReplyDelete